Back up from anywhere with an Internet connection! Here’s how to get started.
Once your account has been established:
- Go to https://crashplan.com/login
- Log in to the Code42 Console with your user name and password.
- You may be asked to download Crashplan right away. If so, please do. If not, look to the left and click on "App Downloads" and download the Code42 Crashplan for your operating system by clicking the downward arrow.
- Locate the Crashplan download in your downloads folder and double click to open the disk image.
- Double click the installer on the disk image and run through the installation process.
- Crashplan will launch automatically and ask you to fill in details. Enter the user name given to you by MacLab, usually your email address. Enter the PROe Server Address: “central.crashplan.com” and click "Continue," then enter the password you were given.
- Click “Sign In”
- The backup will begin automatically.
You can quit CrashPlan and the backup will continue in the background.
Tips for a successful backup:
Go to System Preferences, then Energy Saver
- If this is a laptop, click the Power Adapter tab.
- Check the box “Prevent computer from sleeping automatically...”
- If the Energy saver looks more like Energy Saver version 2, slide the “Computer Sleep” slider to “Never.”
- Leave the computer up and running frequently.
Energy Saver version 1
Energy Saver Version 2
Important! If you are running MacOS 10.14 or higher, you MUST follow the instructions in this article as well. https://maclab.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036143811-Crashplan-Adjustment-for-Mojave-Catalina