Back up from anywhere with an Internet connection! Here’s how to get started.
Once your account has been established:
- Go to http://backup.maclaboratory.net:4280
- Log in to the Code42 Console with your user name and password.
- Download and install CrashPlan PROe (you should be prompted to download)
- Launch CrashPlan and select “Existing Account”
- Enter your user name and password and the PROe Server Address: “backup.maclaboratory.net”
- Click “Sign In”
- The backup will begin automatically.
If you’d like to change the backup content, do so in the Settings section. By default we back up “User” data for Macs and for Windows Vista and higher. Windows XP users should set the backup to the “Documents and Settings” folder.
You can quit CrashPlan PROe and the backup will continue in the background.
Tips for a successful backup:
This applies to a Mac. The same principle applies to Windows.
Go to System Preferences, then Energy Saver
- Set Computer Sleep to “Never.” Allowing the display to sleep is fine.
- Leave your computer running overnight (open and running if a laptop).