Back up from anywhere with an Internet connection! Here’s how to get started.
Once your account has been established:
- Go to http://backup.maclaboratory.net:4280
- Log in to the Code42 Console with your user name and password.
- You may be asked to download Crashplan right away. If so, please do. If not, look to the left and click on "App Downloads" and download the Code42 Crashplan for your operating system by clicking the downward arrow.
- You may be automatically presented with an "Install Code42 Crashplan" icon. Double click to install. If not, locate Crashplan in your downloads folder and double click to open the disk image.
- Double click the installer on the disk image and run through the installation process.
- Launch Crashplan and select "Existing Account." Enter the user name and password given to you by MacLab. Enter the PROe Server Address: “backup.maclaboratory.net”
- Click “Sign In”
- The backup will begin automatically.
You can quit CrashPlan PROe and the backup will continue in the background.
Tips for a successful backup:
Go to System Preferences, then Energy Saver
- If this is a laptop, click the Power Adapter tab.
- Check the box “Prevent computer from sleeping automatically...”
- If the Energy saver looks more like Energy Saver version 2, slide the “Computer Sleep” slider to “Never.”
- Leave the computer up and running frequently.
Energy Saver version 1
Energy Saver Version 2